The emails we send you
Emails sent from the Scrub Up On Science (SUOS) database are to advise the subscriber of events and to inform of any information relevant to SUOS and the Society of Cosmetic Scientists.
Protecting your information
We will never sell, rent or loan subscribers' personal information and the data which is held by SCS is covered by the UK's Data Protection Act and under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules.
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing other than to provide information about the Scrub up on Science Programme.
We encrypt and send your data to The Education Company, a specialist third party who provide a look-up service for registration and secure storage of your data in order for us to contact you regarding the SUOS programme.
We would release personal information only if we understood that this would be required to comply with the law, enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of SCS, employees, agents and others.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send you email notifications relating to SUOS & SCS events.
- send you literature relating to the SUOS competition.
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
Third Party Websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.